Bursting inside us



The past three months has been challenging, demanding, intense, stressful but full of love and the Holy Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ.


 a few months ago me and 5 members of my Church were select to go in a Mission trip to the United States, we could not believe it, immediately we started with all the paperwork to make our dream happen. the dream of visit our friends, meet new people, learn about the  culture of  the States and get to know Christ in a different way. Sadly I was the only one who got the visa from the team. and obviously  my fist thought was: I am not going without my friends, it's not gonna be the same.

I was praying to God and asking : Why am I the only one who has been selected to go there, Why me? I don't deserve it. Why? but the Lord has been teaching me in the past two months that He didn't select me but He selected all of us. that it is not about me but it's about Him and about the people out there looking for a guide in this world. the same world who seems to be destroyed and without hope

When some of my friends found out about my Mission trip to the States , they were asking me: But Brenda Mission work in the States? what are you gonna do? fix some scratches in the walls? or Don't you know how people live there? they have everything they need...!! I was trying to explain what my work was gonna look like there but it's hard to explain a person about Mission work when they don't really know what "Mission" means.

There's need everywhere, and it's not only the need of material things but it's also the need of the spirit.


There's times in our lives when we think that we don't deserve what we have, those moments when we think about the love and generosity of our Father and then realize how wonderful He is and how much He have done for us. I am learning that He is not working for us but He is working in and through us. He is the one who knows our paths and knows that we have been selected to work as an instrument to open doors for others, for the people coming after us.



I went to a Mission trip to the States for 6 weeks and I was helping in different churches in Upper South Carolina and also I got to attend EYE 2017 (Episcopal Youth Event) in Edmond Oklahoma which is the most huge Youth event in the Episcopal Church , around 1.400 youth gathered  together to praise the Lord for 4 Days, full of work, conferences and different activities.




I also attended to an Episcopal Youth Event from the IV Province in Lumberton North Carolina in the company of  9 youth of the Dioceses of Upper South Carolina , we were helping to fix Houses that have been destroyed by the Hurricane Mathew in October of the last year. I was helping to fix the roof of a House that belong to a woman who lives alone and has no family, the first day at the work site was challenging for me because of the temperature, as some of you know Quito is a cold City
58° F, but in the place a was helping at, the temperature was 98° F , so as you can imagine 8 hours at day in a roof with the sun in my face, was not that fun at first. But then I remembered How important is to be humble and to surrender under the power of God. How important is to get out of our comfortable zone, and do Mission work.



HOLY CROSS ACADEMY

If you know me, you should know how much I love Kids, and how passionate I am for them, I had the amazing opportunity to work in a day care this summer, I was helping with 4-5 years old kids, and it was one of the most amazing opportunities I have ever had. it made me realize that it doesn't matter where you come from or your native lenguage, We are one in spirit and we are one in the Lord.

 Is the Lord who builds bridges between two different countries, He is the only one who loves us in the same way and teach us everyday who to respect and love others as ourselves.

"God will set all things right in His timing" there's no doubt about that. When we accept God as our savior and Lord everything inside us is different, we look different, we talk different, we think different, it's like a mighty fire inside us purifying and changing us.

I don't know how you feel about your relationship with God but let me tell you how I feel about it:
I can not contain so much love in my heart and even if I try to it seems to be impossible. He gave me and is giving me so much to be thankful for that when I think about love and generosity I think about God, and I think about the way He make me feel. My  desire is to let other people experience  the same feeling because is wonderful, I have no enough words to explain it. His love is like a fire and it burns inside of me.

 I have to do something about it, I have to share His love with others and I have to talk about His mercies and miracles, How He changed lives and How He changed mine...! I encourage you to do the same.

 This summer brought so much happiness into my life but also brought a lot of work and more responsabilities. I can't wait for what is next, I know that God has a lot in store for me and for you, and let me tell you something: if you are reading this , I want to say thank you because now you are part of my journey. You have no idea how much I am praying for you and even if I don't know you in person yet, I know you are gonna help me change the world in Jesus name.


SOMETHING YOU CAN PRAY FOR:

* please pray for the Community of my Church so they can grow in Christ

* please pray for the next chapter in my life ( College)

* please pray for Donations so I can be able to raise enough money to pay for my 2 semester

* please pray for my work at the Church and for wisdom so I can take right decisions





You can contact me if you want to know more about my work at the church or how to be my sponsor:

 brendiuris2923@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMBRACE NEW OPPORTUNITIES

Every journey to healing begins with Hope.

Keep Going, Keep Growing.