Feeling God's Presence


Hello there! 

This past month has been rough, confusing and exhausting but yet hopeful. You may not be aware of this but my family tested positive for COVID a couple weeks ago. We wanted to keep it to ourselves at first but then we realized the love and support of family are essential when you go through something like this. 

 



Quarantining 

My dad was the first one to get sick and then me, my mom and my sister, at first we thought it was just the flu but it wasn’t. My dad went to the hospital to get tested and was positive, almost immediately my mom, my sister and I went to get tested but the results came back negative. We went to get tested again after a week due to the symptoms and the results came back positive the second time, except for my sister. 

Dealing with a common cold or the flu is stressful enough but having to deal with this not well known virus was by far scary and exhausting. My dad’s symptoms were headache, tiredness, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell and chest pain. My mom’s symptoms were headache, tiredness, joint and muscle pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea and diarrhea. My symptoms were headache, weakness, sore throat and loss of smell and taste.

The first two weeks were the hardest ones; I was not feeling as bad as my parents were so I ended up taking care of them 24/7. I had to cook special meals, clean and disinfect the house, wash dishes, keep them hydrated, give them medicine, take their vitals 3 times during the day every day; I had to be extra cautious with my mom due to her hypertension, her blood pressure was roughly 170/105 and is still pretty high. We haven’t been able to take her to the cardiologist yet because we are still in quarantine. 

I know this virus affects people in different ways; it all depends on the person. It has a higher risk on people of older age, weakened immune system, if they have had previous lung problems, diabetes, obesity, kidney or liver problems or other diseases of concern. Thank goodness it wasn’t as severe for us as it is for other people. I thank God we are all feeling a heck of a lot better now and past it.

In spite of the fact that being sick is not pleasurable I have to admit that quarantine has definitely brought my family closer together. I’m thankful for having more free time to spend with family and make new memories. Before this pandemic I could barely see them during the day even though we live in the same house. I was always busy with school, church and the hospital. Now we can enjoy each other’s company and learn from one another.



HIS Presence 

In the middle of all the craziness we are living in, feeling God’s presence can be hard but not impossible. For me, being sick and having to take care of my sick parents and sister was a sweet reminder that God is in control and not me; I definitely felt his presence while taking care of my family. It’s not like I could feel someone standing next to me while I was cooking or cleaning or doing something but it’s that deep sense you have of knowing that He is there for you and no matter what, and that he will never leave you. Feeling His presence gave me the strength I didn’t think I had, not only for my body but also for my spirit. 

All of us have heard about God’s presence at some point but, what does it really mean to feel his presence? It can mean and feel different things to different people. It goes beyond a simple feeling. It is more like knowing or being certain that there is a greater presence where you are. Just as I said before, it is not like I could tell someone was standing next to me but I knew his presence was in the house, just a simple inner knowing. 

When I was doing my clinicals at the hospital I had the same feeling. Even though I was running around and doing different things I could feel his presence in each one of the patient’s rooms; it was a sense of connection between me and God and God with everyone else. Taking my time to acknowledge he was there used to brighten
up my day, not physically but spiritually. I know it doesn’t look like that to everyone and it also depends on your emotional state. People who are at peace and calm could find it easier to feel his presence, but people who have a lot of burdens (death, loss, illness, worry, financial problems,  grief, guilt) or lots of expectations of what his presence should look like could have a harder time feeling his presence.


If you haven’t yet felt his presence tune yourself to his frequency and try to recognize his voice and his doings in the simple things in life. Don’t try too hard! He will reveal himself to you, acknowledge who he is and your great need for him. Allow him to heal you from the inside out, to clean your mind, heart, spirit and everything you are. 

 



Church Online 

 

Oh boy, how much do I miss face to face church! I miss my kids, abuelitos (grandpas & grandmas) cafecito after church (coffee hour) and just being there laughing and enjoying ourselves. People say you don’t know what you’ve got until it is gone and it’s so true. We never thought we wouldn’t be able to see each other and hug for so long. But the good news is the internet was created in the 60s, was publically available in 1991 and now we have sooooo much technology, we have different apps that help us keep communicated and connected. Thank God for that! 


I’ve been working with the Junior Group (11-14 years old) and recently took over Sunday school again (temporally).  Trying to keep these two groups connected and interested in the activities requires patience and dedication.  I know it is not the same having to do everything online and it could be boring but at least we are doing something. I send videos with bible lessons and activities for the kids and it’s working very well so far. 

I’m trying to encourage reading to the youth, sending readings once a week with a task but that is not working as I expected. These kids don’t like reading that much but I won’t give up on it! I will keep you updated. 

 







If you made it until here THANK YOU! Thank you for taking time to read this and for your support and prayers. I know there are people out there who think this virus is not as serious as it sounds and we shouldn’t wear protection when we go out but let me tell you this from my personal experience. Having COVID is not fun, so wear your mask, wash your hands, keep your distance, and don’t go out if you are feeling sick. Yes, you might get it and recover from it as we did but there are others who won’t have the same luck as us. 

 

My prayer for you today is for safety and protection; I pray for good health, for you and your loved ones; I ask God to be with you each and every minute of this day; I pray that you may feel his presence wherever you are and rejoice with him. Don’t forget how blessed you are to be alive, to have family, to have food and shelter, to have a job and people who look after you and care for you. May God bless you always, Amen!

 

Peace out to my Junior year of college, I am a Senior now!😎 



SOMETHING YOU CAN PRAY FOR:

  • Please pray for my family so we can have a full recovery 
  • Please pray for my studies as I start my senior year on August 24th 
  • Please pray for the sick. May the Lord bring healing, comfort and peace to their bodies, especially for some of my nurse professors who have COVID and have severe cases. 
  • Please pray for my growing faith and relationship with God.
  • Please pray for the church and every single person who is a part of it. 


 If you would like to help me share  the gospel by giving me the chance to continue my studies in nursing school, you can make a donation by clicking the link below. 

👇👇👇👇👇

https://educationequalshope.giv.sh/25b3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMBRACE NEW OPPORTUNITIES

Every journey to healing begins with Hope.

Keep Going, Keep Growing.